Commercial lenders such as State Bank of India (SBI) are required to provide a certain number of transactions free of cost to their customers every month under current banking rules. Any additional transactions attract charges depending on factors such as the type and location of ATM. State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest lender by assets, levies a fee of Rs 5-20 (excluding taxes) for every such transaction every month, according to its website – sbi.co.in. SBI, which has a network of more than 50,000 ATMs across the country, also levies certain charges towards issuance and annual maintenance of its ATM-cum-debit cards from its customers.
Given below are key things to know about SBI ATM-cum-bebit card services, their transaction limits and charges:
- SBI offers several types of debit cards such as SBI Classic Debit Card, SBI Global International Debit Card, SBI My Card International Debit Card and SBI Gold International Debit Card.
- SBI offers many services to its customers through its ATMs. These include cash withdrawal, ‘fast cash’, PIN change, balance enquiry, mini-statement, cheque book request and utility bill payment, according to its website.
- SBI ATMs ‘fast cash’ service enables customers to withdraw any preferred amount. The options in the denomination of 100, 200, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 5,000 and 10,000 are available, according to SBI.
- The user can also register for Inter-mobile Mobile Payment System service or IMPS at State Bank of India ATMs.
- SBI ATM cards enable customers to make cash withdrawals up to a certain limit such as SBI Classic debit card allows customers to withdraw up to Rs 20,000 per day, and make online transactions up to Rs 50,000 per day, according to the bank’s website.
- SBI’s Global International debit card allows customers to withdraw up to Rs 40,000 per day, and make online transactions up to Rs 75,000 per day.
- Higher value cards permit daily withdrawal limits of up to Rs 1 lakh per day, according to SBI.
- As per Reserve Bank of India’s guidelines, an individual is allowed three free transactions in metro cities and five free transactions in a month apart from metro cities. After an individual exceeds the limit of maximum free transaction allowed by SBI, they are charged a certain amount.
- On top of this, SBI charges an annual maintenance fee on possession of an ATM card. The bank charges Rs 125 (exclusive of GST charges) for annual mainteance of Classic debit card. The card replacement charges for such cards are kept at Rs 300 plus GST.
- For its Global international card, the bank charges Rs 175 plus GST as annual maintenance charge. The card replacement charges are kept at Rs 300 plus GST.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.
Credit: Source link