After doing extensive research, we have collected beauty tips and secrets exclusively given by top-notch makeup artists of the industry whose magical hands are responsible to give a makeover to our Bollywood beauties. Getting makeup and beauty sessions from such makeup geniuses can turn any girl from a plain Jane to a glam diva. Till the time we figure out whether or not, we can ever reach out to these leading artists in person, we present before you some exclusive tips by some of the leading artists of the tinsel town.
1. Mickey Contractor: This coveted makeup artist is the pioneer of makeup in Bollywood. All Bollywood stars die to work with this makeup legend. He brings new trends in makeup in India. He was also the recipient of IIFA Award for Best Make-up for films “Kal Ho Naa Ho” and “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.” Mickey has been a consistent name in the Hindi industry for over 30 years and has worked with some of the biggest stars of B-town like Aishwarya Rai, Kajol etc. If you don’t know how to do makeup correctly, have a look at these tips:
- Mickey recommends moisturizing as the first and foremost step before starting makeup application as it helps to set a smooth base for foundation and concealer.
- According to Mickey, one should use makeup foundation as per one’s skin tone. He says a woman should love and be proud of her own skin color. She must never wear foundations that are lighter than her skin tone, in fact, she should always find the closest match to her natural skin complexion.
- For people with small eyes, Mickey uses a highlighter to make them look bigger and poppy. He starts by applying highlighter in the middle and then blending it well.
- This makeup genius recommends girls who love colours to wear hot pink lipstick as it would brighten up their face.
- He also emphasizes on eyes being the center of attention/attraction and stresses on the importance of eye makeup as beautifully-done makeup can completely change one’s look. Mickey Contractor, who is also the MAC director of India, says that kohl is the most important makeup product for any woman.
- Last but not the least, he believes since eyebrows define one’s features and self-confidence, one should always flaunt well-groomed eyebrows. Also, he recommends MAC Brow Finisher to get natural-looking eyebrows.
2. Elton J Fernandez: He is currently one of the most promising names in Indian makeup. Even though he faced a lot of criticism while starting with his makeup career due to gender discrimination both from friends and family, this down-to-earth man has conquered all his fears and stands out as a trusted name in Bollywood biggies. His extraordinary edge over his work and uber-chic style sense renders him as a creative artist in the makeup world. Let’s have a look at some of the makeup tips by this man:
- Elton recommends hydrating one’s skin to be the primary step of any skincare routine. He believes moisturizing the skin is something that has to be done round-the-clock and more emphasis must be given to it during dry and cold months. To take care of one’s body, he recommends extra virgin coconut oil since it is a rich source of vitamins that helps your body to glow from within.
- As per Elton, all makeup looks will turn out to be drab and dull if you do not repair and restore your skin. For this, he advises to follow CTM routine strictly. He also mentions never to skip using a makeup remover to remove all the applied makeup.
- To flaunt even toned arms and legs, he recommends using regular foundation and mixing it with the moisturizer and applying it all over to get an even finish.
- He also advises girls to never skip curling their lashes before application of mascara. Often, women commit the mistake of curling lashes after using mascara but this must be avoided as curler sticks to the coated lashes and makes the lashes look hideous.
- For long-lasting lip colour, he recommends using matte formulas that stays put for hours without any touch-ups. In addition, one can use a good shade of lipstick like a blush by rubbing the color in between fingers and working it on to the cheeks for a natural flush of color.
- Lastly, Elton recommends filling sparse eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil to transform one’s look. According to him, the brow color should be one shade lighter than one’s hair color to achieve natural-looking eyebrows.
3. Namrata Soni: This talented lady is the favorite makeup artist of a lot of Bollywood stars. Many Bollywood stars like Sonam Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, Deepika Padukone depend on her magical hands to transform their looks. She has not only proved her mettle by working in movies and ad commercials but has also dressed B-town divas for red carpet looks. She is not only known for her makeup skills in movie but has proved her talent equally in bridal makeup. This successful lady now runs her own school of hair and makeup and is an inspiration to young girls out there who aspire to become like her. Let’s have a look at the tips given by her:
- Namrata advises usage of tinted moisturizers, BB or CC creams for hot summers as opposed to wearing heavy foundations that would lead to bad makeup meltdowns.
- She also recommends her fans to drink plenty of water to keep their body thoroughly hydrated. This will not only bring out the inner glow but it also help the makeup do its magic a little better.
- For addressing skin issues, Namrata advises that one should always go to the dermatologist and get their skin woes addressed.
- A very basic tip from this makeup artist is mandatory usage of sunscreen while going outdoors. Sunscreen works like an umbrella for the skin, hence it must not be skipped at all.
- She also asks every woman to find out her undertone. If you adjust your makeup according to your tone, you have the power to light up a room and quite possibly change your life.
- She also believes that it’s best to remain natural. One should avoid contouring and enhance beautiful natural features by application of a cream bronzer or bronzing powder.
- Lastly, she advises to go for the classic winged eye and red pout look when one is running out of ideas. In fact, this is something that suits everybody and instantly amps up the whole makeup game.
3. Daniel Bauer: He is counted one of India’s top celebrity makeup artists who has worked with big names in Bollywood like Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. This gifted artist also makes models ramp-perfect for famous designers like Manish Malhotra, Tarun Tahiliani, Sabyasachi to name just a few. He was also awarded the Vogue Artist of the year 2015-16 and is highly acclaimed for his talent. We will let you a few beauty lessons straight from this makeup geek.
- Daniel recommends using lightweight skin care products in extreme humid and hot weather. If your skin turns too oily and melts down anything that you put on face, a serum is the best weapon to keep the skin glowing and smooth. Not only does it blend easily, but it is also a light skincare product.
- In case, you are confused about finding your skin undertone, warm colours always work the best in any scenario. It doesn’t matter whether your skin tone is wheatish or dusky, warm tones like browns, peaches, bronzes and gold suit most complexions. They enhance one’s glow and are also quite wearable for any occasion.
- Daniel is a self-taught man and truly believes in the adage that practice makes a man perfect. For most of us, we have always messed up with the red lip and winged eye makeup applications! But hey! Worry not. Lend your heart and soul to whatever you do. Practice diligently and you can master any makeup art you wish to flaunt.
- Daniel recommends using subtle hues as the latest makeup trend. For instance, you can wear highlighted skin, glitzy eyes and shimmering lips on a day to day basis. Who doesn’t live a hint of shimmer on the face, right?
- According to Daniel, one should always be experimental with one’s makeup choices. Never stick to black colour for eternity. Instead, play with colours like opt for a vibrant purple eyeshadow, a smokey bronze eye makeup look or even a swipe of metallic green. A bright pop of colour occasionally can turn your mundane days happy and fulfilling!
4. Donald Simrock: This renowned international makeup genius has worked his magic on Lady Gaga’s fierce talons, Nicki Minaj’s outlandish lashes and Cindy Crawford’s rocker vibe. This celebrity makeup artist’s skills is what every woman dies to try. You may not be familiar with this name, but you will be surely familiar with this work. He has worked with some leading Bollywood fashionistas as well. Here are some awesome makeup tips from this creative artist.
- For tricky monsoon makeup, Donald uses products that are smudge-proof and long-lasting. One should carefully pick products that can beat and trick away the humid weather woes. Donald is the true savior of many stars and follows the thumb rule “less is more.” He prefers “au de naturale” looks as complete face makeup look has minimal chances of lasting all through the day.
- This makeup genius works on the natural features of a person and enhances them to transform the look. He is a supporter of true beauty and doesn’t create a brand new face with makeup products.
For a working woman, Donald recommends keeping products handy that you mostly love to flaunt. If you are a lipstick person, carry a lipstick in your handbag whereas if you love flaunting your lashes, carrying a mascara would be a decent idea. Choose makeup that has long-lasting power and requires frequent touchups.
- According to Donald, the very definition of beauty is hidden in its flexibility and uniqueness. Every woman has unique features and that is what sets them apart from one another. One should use makeup to emphasize those features to accentuate that uniqueness.
- Donald’s recent makeup looks has stressed on “illumination” as the hottest makeup trend of the hour. This luminous finish only amplifies the skin’s texture and is getting more popular as many celebs swear by this trend!
5. Ambika Pillai: If you don’t know her name, then you are probably living in darkness! This award-winning makeup artist has worked her magic on Aishwarya Rai, Sonam Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Parvathy Omanakuttan and Nithya Menon. She has over 28 years of experience in makeup domain. This talented lady has taken bridal makeup to a whole new level and uses latest makeup techniques to give you an amazing makeover. Presenting before you some of her beauty tips:
- Pillai advocates on the importance of natural skin tone to perfect any makeup application. Instead of putting layers of concealer on the face, one should mainly use it on smaller areas to do spot correction. If you don’t have any imperfections, you can always skip applying concealer altogether.
- Pillai is known to flaunt bold and beautiful lashes in all her makeup looks. She uses oodles of mascara and an eyelash curler to flaunt full and healthy lashes. Using fake lashes is not her thing.
- Ambika also believes in maintain the right balance between eye and lip makeup to keep up with the integrity of any look.
- Ambika’s another beauty tip is to take proper care of hair. Oil your hair occasionally and flaunt naturally gorgeous locks.
- Last but not the least, one must never forget to follow everyday skin care routine in order to rock any kind makeup look. Also, hydration is the key to natural glow. So, keep yourselves hydrated always.
6. Arti Nayar: This celebrity makeup artist has worked with celebrities like Alia Bhatt and Sonam Kapoor and is a trusted name among B-town stars. She is extremely passionate about her work and works extremely hard to give the best support to her clients. Some of her beauty hacks are:
- Stay natural and never put oodles of makeup on your face. Never go overboard with products but rely on your facial features to define the best version of you.
- Arti’s hack to an easy day-to-night look is to apply some highlighter or some shimmer eyeshadow around the inner corners of the eyes and let the glow do the talking for your face.
7. Cory Walia: Cory Walia is another renowned name in makeup in Mumbai and is best known for his bridal makeup skills. This makeup artist also trains young aspiring artists.
- Cory believes prepping the face with the right products. A good cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine is needed before application of any makeup. Also, he advises to use anti-blemish serum to target dark spots and pigmentations.
- He also recommends to invest in a good foundation base. That not only helps to make the foundation sit flawlessly but also helps the skin to glow.
- According to Cory, talking care of skin and hair are the primary things, everything else falls in place thereafter.
- He also recommends to test the lighting before any event as the light where the makeup is done and the light where the makeup will be seen may be completely different.
8. Mitesh Rajani: She is a well-known hair and makeup artist from Mumbai who has lend her hands to transform bolly beauties like Esha Gupta and Nimrat kaur. This makeup artist is also deft in bridal makeup and dresses up many Indian brides over the year with her flawless skills and expertise. Few of her beauty tips are:
- Mitesh recommends to keep the skin as matte as possible always and to avoid foundations that come with an SPF. In a country like India that is mostly humid, one should always avoid doing dewy makeup. She believes dewy looks are mostly meant for editorials and not great day to day looks.
- Mitesh asks the beginners to use stick to makeup products like light base, concealer, mascara and a fresh pink or orange lipstick and blush
- She also advises to usage of fake lashes as they come off easily if you rub your eyes and hence fixing such makeup issues can cause great trouble.
9. Bianca Hartkopf: She is a leading Bollywood makeup artist who is trained in hairdo and makeup. Over the last 13 years, she has a great experience of working with amazing beauty editors, directors and photographers on editorial projects, advertising campaigns, fashion shows plus many Bollywood movies. Bianca has also lend her expertise to give a makeover to clients from Vogue, L’Oréal, Dove, Harper’s Bazaar, i-D, Wella, Dazed, Nivea, L’Officiel Some of her beauty tips are:
- Bianca recommends getting good sleep and thorough hydration as the key aspects of natural beauty. In this respect, coconut water works wonders as it full of electrolytes.
- She also emphasizes on the importance of facial massage to improve blood flow in skin. Even if you do makeup, your face must not look like a clown. It should look fresh and healthy. Let your skin breathe by taking proper care!
- Before applying mascara, start with an eyelash curler to volumize and lengthen your lashes. To make the effect last longer, warm your curler and then curl your lashes to get the magical effect!
With loads of beauty tips from leading makeup artists, your mind must be overflowing with ideas. Stay fresh, glowing and beautiful and try to incorporate these tiny pieces of recommendations to cause a huge change in the way you look! Best of luck.
Credit: Source link